Innovative Practices develop key capacities for leadership effectiveness…
We believe that effective leadership requires both the backbone and the heart to:
- Continue to grow through self-awareness and reflection
- Be authentic in communicating with others
- Be compassionate as well to encourage excellent performance
- Develop working partnerships across a variety of boundaries
- Create meaningful connections by really attending to others and being fully present
- Be open to new and creative ideas from different sources
We incorporate art, music and skilled facilitation of dance/movement activities when we assess, in partnership with our clients, that they would help develop these leadership capabilities.
How do art and movement help leaders develop capacity and shape possibility?
- Through art and movement, we can learn to be fully present without distraction.
- Through art, movement and music, we express something unique about ourselves.
- Dance, music, and art provide nourishment and laughter, and bring beauty into the world, affirming our connection as humans.
- Dance, music and art open windows into diverse perspectives and are showcases for innovative ideas.
- Right brain modalities such as art and movement help individuals and groups to change important behavioral patterns and fine-tune their verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Right brain modalitites teach us to lead as well as to follow.
- Art, movement and music encourage discovery and exploration through which possibilities take shape.
MovingSystems provides a deep learning experience by integrating principles of organization and leadership development with kinesthetic awareness, movement and mindfulness. Our coaching programs emphasize using coaching skills to change system culture, coaches learning to use themselves, mind, body, spirit to help facilitate change and similarly, to coach the whole person, mind, body and spirit.