Maximizing Business Partnerships is a process focused on the relationship skills critical to successful business outcomes: listening and inquiry, coming to clear agreements, influencing through support and challenge. The process also includes learning about the conversations necessary for optimum working relationships, being explicit about needs and expectations, and being open to delivering feedback in both directions.
Through discussion and exercises, participants apply a process to construct initial partnership agreements and tools to work through differences with others while collaborating.
Program Components Include:
- Building a solid foundation in listening and questioning skills
- Planning intentionally for partnership conversations
- Exploring the elements of great partnerships
- Analyzing the “interests” of one’s partners
- Analyzing one’s own “interests”
- Clarifying and expressing expectations
- Establishing common ground
- Articulating explicit agreements
- Listening, examining assumptions, assertiveness, inquiry
- Understanding “influence”
- Understanding resistance
- Developing skills for working through differences
- Analyzing a partnership and applying skills and concepts to an action plan.